Lessons Learned from 28 years of Life
By Brandon T. Adams
December 31, 2017
It’s my Birthday.
Lessons learned from my 28 years on earth..
I have many years ahead of me but I have to say, the first 28 years have been quite an adventure. I’ve experienced many things that most people don’t get the chance to experience in a lifetime. I want to share with you some things that have given me valuable insight on life to not only achieve anything you set out for but to live life to the fullest.
If you don’t know me, here is a quick timeline of my life to get you up to speed.
· December 31, 1989, I was born in Guttenberg, IA. Most of my life I have lived in Garnavillo, IA, which is a town of 750 people.
· Growing up I worked with my father in the family business, Adams’ Ice Service. Every summer I worked with my father delivering ice. He taught me many things about life and business.
· August of 2008 I went to Iowa State University and after 4 crazy years, I graduated in 2012 with a degree in Business Management. I almost dropped out of college but managed to make it through. My first semester I got a 1.68 GPA.
· The summer of 2012 I went back to my hometown to work with my father in the family Ice Business. My childhood dream had come true. During this time I had also invented a product called the Arctic Stick.
· November of 2012 I took a Corporate Job as a Distribution Manager at Arctic Glacier Ice. I spent the next 15 months working my way up the ladder while doing my entrepreneurial endeavors. I went from managing 3 distribution centers to 8 and working with around 50 employees. I learned A LOT and learned that Corporate wasn’t for me.
· June of 2014 Samantha (my GF then and Fiancé now) and I moved to Des Moines, IA to start a company called Adams Product Innovation. We failed forward and learned a lot from the experience.
· July of 2014 we did our first crowdfunding campaign on Kickstarter and raised money for Arctic Stick.
· December 31, 2014, on my 25th birthday I set the goal for 2015 to become the top Crowdfunding expert in the world.
· 2015 I set the foundation as a Crowdfunding Expert and Online Entrepreneur — Launched a podcast show, wrote a book, went on TV across the country, attended events, and built relationships.
· November 16th, 2015 was the day I will never forget… I launched Arctic Stick on the Market, had a commercial air nationwide, and went on TV to promote Young Entrepreneur Convention. But the reason I won’t forget it was because it was the day Samantha had moved out of my place and we had split up. It crushed me and made me realize, you must never lose track of your loved ones.
· January 4th, 2016 (Almost exactly 1 year after my New Years Resolution of becoming the best in Crowdfunding) we launched the Kickstarter campaign for the Freedom Journal with John Lee Dumas and raised $100,000 in 33 hours and did $453,000 in 33 days making it the 5th largest book campaign in history…I started to see Success with Crowdfunding.
· April 22, 2016, we launched the inaugural Young Entrepreneur Convention and made it one of Iowa’s largest entrepreneurial events with over 500 attendees.
· May 11th, 2016 Greg Rollett and I decided to co-host and create Ambitious Adventures, a reality show for Entrepreneurs.
· September 2016 I got Samantha Rossin back
· September 2016 I became a team member and youngest cast member of the movie Think and Grow Rich The Legacy
As you see the timeline in my life, you notice how Success started to happen for me as time went on. All the sudden my hard work started to pay off.. All the sudden people were noticing me.
All of the sudden I was experiencing my overnight success.
Then 2017 came around and here is what all happened this year to date.
· Ambitious Adventures has released on Entrepreneur Network and Facebook Watch. The show received an Emmy Nomination.
· Think and Grow Rich The Legacy released and is a hit! I’m an Associate Producer, youngest cast member and featured in the newest book by James Whittaker.
· Young Entrepreneur Convention received nationwide coverage and is getting ready for Year 3.
· Live to Grind and Accelerant Media group hit its biggest year releasing a Magazine, a TV show, Events, and more.
· I became an Advisor for a company called ShipChain, which will disrupt the transportation industry in a HUGE way that will make transportation and logistics more efficient.
The biggest accomplishment of all happened on October 13th when Samantha Rossin and I got engaged. I’m not only going to marry my best friend but will get to travel the country with her in 2018 and film a reality TV show together.
The journey has been insane and there have been many ups and downs. You will get to read all about them in 2018 in my newest book “Live to Grind: The Journey to your Success”.
To sum up in what I believe has been the key component to my success and what I have seen to be the key to life, here is my best advice to you for 2018.
BEST LIFE AND BUSINESS TIPS
· ADD VALUE — Add value to others and make their life easier. Get them closer to their goals and they will help you get closer to yours.
· BUILD RELATIONSHIPS — In the past 6 months the biggest wins have come from relationships I formed 2 years ago. It’s not exactly WHAT you know, but WHO you know.
· YOU ARE THE AVERAGE OF THE 5 PEOPLE YOU HANG OUT WITH — You become the average of the people you hang out with the most. Choose wisely. They will decide your future. Get negative out of your life and surround yourself with people who build you up.
· MARKETING — You may be the best in the world at what you do but if no one knows about you then they don’t know to hire you. Let the world know about you and your skills through Video, Podcasting, Blogs, Books, TV, Emails, Texts, Events, Speaking, or any other way to let your voice and message be heard.
· LOVE DEEPLY — Success means nothing without having your family, friends, and loved ones to share it with. Don’t lose track of them and love them deeply. They are the ones who give you the most fulfillment. If you break it down to the core, we all really just want to be loved and feel like we matter. Money, material things, and trophies will not fulfill that need completely.
· GIVE BACK — The more you give the more you get back in return. If you don’t have money to give, then give your time and resources. Help others. This year Samantha and I plan to raise Millions of dollars for nonprofits and other causes.
· VIDEO —Storytelling is the most powerful thing we have as humans and can influence and motivate many people to do good. I believe that video is the best way to tell a story and influence others. In 2018 Samantha and I are creating the reality TV show Success in the City to do just that.
I could give Tips all day, but I could literally be writing for days. My hope for you is to use this post to inspire, motivate, or educate you to go after what you want in life.
Life is too short not to follow your dreams.
At 28 years of age, I’ve learned to THINK BIG and do whatever I want in life so I have no regrets when my last day of life has come.
Anything is possible if you set your mind to it. If you don’t believe me then go back and read this post again. A Small town Iowa boy who went from a 1.68 GPA and lost in life to a Successful Emmy Nominated TV Producer and Entrepreneur who does whatever he wants, whenever he wants with the Love of his life.
Achieve Big things in 2018 and have no regrets.
What will you Achieve?
Brandon T. Adams